Below is the job description for the sales engineer that we would like to cover the Florida Turnpike corridor (Ocala to Fort Lauderdale).
The sales engineer would have an office in our Lakeland facility, but probably would only be at the office a couple of times a week. Otherwise, the sales engineer would be working out of his/her house, at customer locations in that territory as well as cover out of state sales opportunities as assigned by the Director of Sales.
We are not looking for a career sales rep. Instead, we want someone that has been a material handling engineer (mechanical or electrical) that wants to transition into a sales role without being too "salesy". Customers want and trust partners that are technically proficient that can effectively solve their operational needs. They don't want a typical sales guy that is just looking to hock equipment. So if you are a material handling engineer and want to transition to a sales role, give us a call or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Title: Systems Sales Engineer
Employment Status: Full Time / Exempt
Immediate Supervisor: Director of Sales
POSITION SUMMARY DESCRIPTION
Under the direction of the Director of Sales and working in partnership with the existing sales team member(s), develops new prospects, manages existing customer accounts, builds and cultivates trusting relationships with existing customers, and increases sales of material handling solutions with customers and assigned accounts by providing conceptual and consultative material handling solutions. ________________________________________________________________
SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES
- Strives at all times to provide premier service to both internal and external customers.
- Generates creative material handling concepts and logistic solutions exceeding customer expectations.
- Builds strong customer relationships resulting in a “Partner for Life.”
- Secures business opportunities allowing the Company to leverage its 3-WIN sales objective; Win for the Client; Win for our Partners; Win for the Company.
- Penetrates Strategic and Target Accounts through innovative prospecting, identifying potential opportunities and building the sales pipeline.
- Establishes a superior networking base of contacts, generating early notification of opportunities.
- Consistently exceeds quarterly and annual sales goals in profitability and revenue.
- Exhibits a superior work ethic promoting collaboration, respect and hard work among all team members.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of this position.
A Systems Sales Engineer performs the following functions through concentration on systems valued at greater than $100,000 offering the Company’s preferred supplier partner and systems that properly leverage Company resources:
- Identifies strategic and target accounts by ideal customer criteria profiling.
- Establishes an account and referral source development plan.
- Spends time with Strategic and Target Customers while uncovering and helping them with their material handling needs.
- Develops strong relationships with customers through timely, regular visits.
- Stays abreast of account and market developments.
- Penetrates account organizational structure.
- Masters and implements product and application knowledge, business technology (AutoCAD, CRM, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Networks with business contacts within a given geographic territory (e.g., Chambers of Commerce, Economic Development Councils, government business resources, developers, commercial real estate brokers).
- Shares success formulas with other Sales Engineers and team members.
- Takes an active role in civic and social affairs and associations.
- Plans strategies for account and market management and development (i.e., Sales Plan).
- Prospects to identify potential opportunities and build the sales pipeline with opportunities.
- Follows the sale’s process to qualify opportunities and move them through the pipeline.
- Follow the system’s process to convert an opportunity to a proposal and/or a contract.
- Assists with project conception.
- Collects necessary quote information.
- Coordinates and assists in the quote process.
- Ensures all aspects of a project are properly conveyed to and understood by assigned Engineering resources.
- Provides professional quotations tailored to each opportunity.
- Personally presents all quotations with clear objectives.
- Negotiates and closes contracts.
- Maintains good customer relationships.
- Follows up on past due accounts.
- Maintains all account, contact and opportunity information in the CRM database.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited university or equivalent business experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in material handling engineering to include SKU data analysis, concept development, detailed design and specifications, and/or on site project management. No experience in sales or material handling sales is required.
- Proficiency or familiarity using ACAD, MS CRM, MS Office and using the Internet.
- In depth understanding of material flow, information flow, and general business processes.
- Experience and comfort with communicating with senior executives.
- Demonstrated outstanding performance in previous career.
- 10 years experience in material handling engineering to include SKU data analysis, concept development, detailed design and specifications, and/or on site project management. .
- Familiar with TriFactor preferred supplier partners (Hytrol Conveyor Company, Hilmot, TGW Ermanco, Unarco, Interlake-Mecalux)
- Not Salesy!
- Committed to Customer Service as #1 priority.
- Driven to succeed and to continuously improve skills and abilities.
- Exceptional problem solving, leadership and organizational skills.
- Above average interpersonal skills and business acumen.
- Polished negotiation skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong ability to effectively prioritize tasks and projects.
- Detail oriented with ability to multi-task.
- At ease interacting and building professional relationships with a wide range of personality types.
- At ease interacting with senior executives in a social and professional environment.
- Enjoys networking, meeting people, and building professional relationships.
- Goal oriented and self motivated with a sense of urgency.
- Exceptional attitude with a continuous positive spirit.
- Superior work ethic promoting collaboration, respect and hard work among all team members.
- Ability to be an effective team player.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Individuals in this position must have the ability to
- Communicate verbally and in written form
- Sit or stand as needed
- Ability to sit for long periods of time while traveling and
- Walk or move from various locations primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Approximately 65% of the time, this position is confined to ambient room temperatures and lighting as found in a typical office environment.
The performance of this position otherwise requires exposure to extreme increased or decreased temperatures as routinely found in manufacturing and distribution environments.
Travel as required to support Company needs, up to 50%, typically within the State of Florida.
Email Resume to: HR@trifactor.com
or contact JJ Phelan direct at 863-577-2243 email@example.com
TriFactor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.